Enlarged breasts or excessive chest fat is a condition called Gynaecomastia. Chest fat although is not a serious health condition, but it causes embarrassment, affects the emotional health and decreases one’s self-esteem. This article will provide answers to how to lose chest fat in a natural way.
There are many treatments available for curing chest fat caused by excessive weight gain. But most of the treatments involve surgical procedures, which many people refrain from for the obvious health risks involved in them.
Then one may question that how to lose chest fat without the complicated or expensive treatments? For avoiding such risks, one of the most suggestive alternatives is the use of home remedies for reducing the chest fat safely.
Causes and Symptoms of Chest Fat:
The causes and symptoms of chest fat in men can vary from person to person.
Some of the common triggers of chest fat are listed below:
- Hormonal changes
- Addiction to alcohol
- Drug abuse
- Certain health conditions like kidney failure, aging or liver failure
- Thyroid disorder
- Medication for AIDS, cancer, heart conditions or ulcers
- Excessive weight gain
Some of the common symptoms of r chest fat in males are:
- Swelling in tissues of chest glands
- Difference in the size of breasts
How to Get rid of Chest Fat at Home
The medical treatment for reducing chest fat is a convenient alternative to over-come the low self-esteem caused by enlarged breasts. But either the medical procedures for treating the chest fat is very expensive or it may even involve health risks. This is when it is best advised for men to opt for simple and inexpensive home remedies for reducing the chest fat.
1.Passion Flower Tea
The flower of the popular tropical Passion fruit is called Passionflower. This flower is a potent food for treating chest fat in men. Rich in chrysin, the passion flower helps in preventing the breakdown of testosterone hormone level in males, thus helps in reducing the chest fat.
Things we need
- Dried passion flower- 1 tsp
- Water- 250 ml
- A strainer
- Boil about 250ml of water.
- Then add 1 tsp of dried passionflower to the boiling water.
- Let the water boil for 10 to 15 minutes so that the flowers can release its extracts well.
- After 15 minutes, strain the tea and consume it warm.
- Repeat this process twice a day for a minimum of 3 weeks to get rid of chest fat.
[Also Read:How to Lose Body Fat]
Milk thistle is a beneficial remedy for treating enlarged chest in men. As milk thistle contains silymarin, a unique flavonoid complex, it helps to treat the chest fat in men that has occurred due to any liver disorder or disease. Silymarin helps in curing the underlying cause of chest fat, thus helps to lose chest fat effectively
Things we need
- Milk thistle seeds- 1 tbsp
- Water- 2 glasses
- Honey- 1 tsp
- A strainer
- Take 1 tbsp of milk thistle seeds and grind it to make its powder.
- Then bring 2 glasses of water to a boil.
- Add the milk thistle seeds powder to the water and stir well.
- Let the water boil for 15 to 20 minutes on low flame.
- Remove it from the heat and strain it.
- Add 1 tsp honey for taste and consume this tea warm.
- Repeat this process twice a day for 3 weeks to reduce chest fat.
Turmeric is one of the basic and commonly used herbs for getting rid of chest fat. This herb that belongs to the ginger family is very useful for reducing chest fat with its three-way action. Firstly, turmeric with its anti-inflammatory property decreases the inflammation in the body and helps in boosting the testosterone levels. Secondly, turmeric even works towards improving the insulin sensitivity, which promotes testosterone levels. Insulin resistance or sensitivity can hinder the testosterone production in men, resulting in chest fat. This powerful herb is even known to block estrogen, which is one of the main culprits of chest fat by improving the liver function.
Things we need
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Water- 1 glass
- A strainer
- Bring 1 glass of water to a boil.
- Then add 1 tsp of turmeric powder to it and stir.
- Let the turmeric get infused in the boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat.
- Later strain the turmeric tea and consume this tea warm to burn chest fat.
- Repeat this process thrice a day for 1 to 2 months to lose chest fat fast.
[Also Read:How to Reduce Breast Size Naturally]
Flaxseed is a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids, which promotes testosterone levels in men, thus avoiding enlarged chests. Flaxseeds contain concentrated forms of lignans, which is an anti-estrogen agent. This quality helps in balancing the estrogen activity in men, resulting in increased testosterone levels.
Things we need
- Flax seeds- ½ tsp
- Water- 1 cup
- Firstly, ground the flax seeds into a fine powder.
- Then bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Later add the flax seeds powder into the water and stir well.
- Consume this flax seed- infused water warm.
- Follow this home remedy once a day for 3 weeks for best results.
- Alternatively one can even add roasted flax seeds in their cereals or bread to get rid of chest fat.
[Also Read: How to Lose Face Fat]
Exercises for Chest Fat
Along with these home remedies, it is equally important for men to quit their sedentary lifestyle and indulge in some physical activities to reduce the chest fat. Many fitness trainers have advised that home-based exercises are the best way to lose chest fat fast.
Cardiovascular exercise is highly recommended for treating the chest fat issue in men. There are many variants of high intensity and medium intensity cardiovascular exercises, which can be performed easily with minimum workout equipment.
Some of the basic cardiovascular exercises for reducing the chest fat are listed below:
The simple answer to this embarrassing query about how to lose chest fat fast is pushup exercise. The pushup is the basic exercise, which targets the upper body fat and tones the chest muscles fast. This exercise can be performed anywhere, indoors or outdoors with an exercise mat for supporting the knees.
- Firstly, get into a plank position with hands shoulder width apart and balance the lower body on the toes touching the ground.
- Stabilize in this plank position keeping the stomach and back muscles tight.
- Slowly lower the body down till the chest almost reaches the ground level or till the upper arms are in a 45 degrees position. Note that the body should remain straight throughout the pushup session.
- You must engage the core muscles and inhale while lowering the body and exhale while pushing yourself back in the starting position.
- This exercise must be performed with 2 sets of 10 to 15 reps to lose chest fat fast.
[Also Read:How to Lose Thigh Fat]
3.Chest Supported Dumbbell Row
Chest supported dumbbell row is a strength training exercise, which helps to burn the chest fat easily. This exercise requires a stable surface like a bench and 2 to 5 pounds of hand weights or dumbbells.
- Lie down on the chest on the bench keeping your arms hanging straight downwards.
- Lift the dumbbells and row the weights to the side of the chest by bending the elbows while contracting the shoulder blades inwards.
- Hold this position for 2 to 3 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Repeat 2 sets of this exercise with 10 to 15 reps.
- Inhale while rowing upwards and exhale while getting back to the starting position.
- This exercise will help in reducing the chest fat and tone the chest and back muscles as well.
Dumbbell weight squats is a great complete body workout which escalates the fat burning process of the body. This exercise can be performed anywhere as it requires free hand weights.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and don’t let the knees extend over toes.
- Hold the dumbbells with both the hands positioning them between your chest.
- Keep the chin and back straight, and then bend at the knees like you are sitting on a chair.
- Maintain a tight core throughout the session and slowly lower yourself down so that the thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for 2 to 3 seconds.
- Then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat 2 sets of 10 to 15 reps of this exercise to lose chest fat
5.Walking, Jogging and Swimming
Men can combine these exercises or even opt for only 20 to 25 minutes of walking or swimming routines for increasing the calorie burning rate at the beginning stage. It is stated that unless you reduce your overall body fat percentage, you cannot get rid of chest fat easily. These basic forms of exercises are convenient and inexpensive for overweight or elderly men for losing chest fat easily. Younger men can opt for medium intensity exercise like rowing exercise or be jogging on a treadmill for getting rid of chest fat at the earliest.
Tips for How to Lose Chest Fat Easily:
- Eat Healthily
Maintain a healthy diet by including fresh fruits and vegetables. Consuming fruits and vegetables will suppress the hunger pangs and aid in losing the overall body fat percentage.
- Add Proteins in Diet
Include a portion of proteins like meats and chicken in the diet. As proteins help in building lean muscles and escalates the fat burning process.
- Zinc-Rich Foods
Consume zinc-based foods like oysters, lobsters, cashews, chickpeas, raisins and cereals. These natural sources of zinc foods are known to boost the testosterone levels.
- Fish oil
Fish oil is rich in Omega 3 fatty acid, which is beneficial for reducing the estrogen levels, the primary cause of chest fat in men. Omega 3 fatty acid even increases the testosterone levels. So consume fatty seafoods like salmons, mackerel and tuna fish.
- Stay Hydrated
Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water, which will help in avoiding carbonated drinks or unnecessary snacking thus, avoiding extra calories for reducing chest fat faster.
[Also Read: How to Lose Cheek Fat]
Preventive Tips to Lose Chest Fat Fast:
- Avoid stress by thinking how to lose chest fat fast as it cannot be reduced overnight miraculously. Losing chest fat with home remedies and exercise is a natural process and the results will only show over a period of time.
- The right sitting posture can help in toning the chest muscles to a certain extent.
- Avoid alcohol as it can worsen the condition of chest fat further.
For the concern about how to lose chest fat, one can try affordable home remedies like the ones mentioned above. These remedies are safe and provide satisfactory results compared to any other medical or surgical treatments.
Chest fat can be a sign of underlying health condition or excessive weight gain and most men tend to avoid the initial signs of chest fat. But if ignored for a longer period of time, it can lead to emotional and physical discomfort.
If the problem prolongs for a longer period of time, then you must consult a Doctor. Any kind of medicine or OTC drugs can be taken only under the prescription of a health care professional