Straight hair adds a different charm to the beauty of a woman. The trend of straight hair never goes out of fashion as it suits most face types. So, people try various ways to keep their hair straight. Some of them even go for permanent hair straightening as they like their hair to be in that way only. This article is going to whisper the secret to get straight hair in your ears.
There are many ways to get straight hair like using hair straightening irons, hair products , and chemicals, but these artificial products damages your hair and scalp that leads to hair loss, dull and fizzy hair.
8 Cherishable Natural Ways to Get Straight Hair
Now, you must be thinking how can I get straight hair naturally? Well, that is why we are here. We will help you to keep your hair straight by trying some of the natural ways without harming your hair and scalp.
Natural home remedies for hair straightening will not only help you to achieve pin-straight hair, but will also help in moisturizing your hair without any side effects.
Milk contains moisturizing properties, which helps in straightening the hair. Proteins present in milk strengthen the hair shafts and makes them straight by removing the frizz.
Method 1: Milk and Egg Hair Mask
- Beat 1 egg in 2 cups of milk.
- Take a brush and apply the mixture on your hair strands and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Then, cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wash your hair after 30 minutes.
- Use a fragrant shampoo and conditioner while washing your hair to avoid the smell of the egg.
- Repeat this method every week to get straight and thicker hair naturally.
Method 2: Milk Sprayer
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with ½ cup each of milk and water.
- Shake well and store this mixture.
- Comb your hair to remove any tangles and spray some milk on your hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes so that the milk gets absorbed in your hair.
- Then wash it with a shampoo. Apply a conditioner after shampooing.
- To remove the smell of milk, you can spray your favorite hair perfume.
- Follow this method 2-3 days in a week for few months to get straight hair naturally.
Method 3: Milk and Strawberry Hair Mask
- Take 1 cup of milk and add 2 tbsp of honey to it.
- Now, get 3-4 fresh strawberries and mash them.
- Add these mashed strawberries to the mixture and stir well.
- By using a hair brush, apply this mask in each strand of your hair and wrap your hair with a shower cap.
- Leave it for 2 hours and then wash it by using a mild shampoo.
- Then, comb your wet hair with a broad-toothed comb and let your hair dry.
- This remedy helps even making the curly hair straight.
2. Aloe Vera
Several enzymes present in aloe vera promote healthy and strong hair. It is an excellent herb for hair and helps to get rid of oily hair. Aloe vera gel offers a moisturizing effect to the hair strands and its use keeps the hair straight.
Method: Aloe Vera Gel Mask
- Take out ½ cup of gel from the aloe vera leaves.
- Add ½ cup warm olive oil to it.
- You can also add 6 drops each of rosemary and sandalwood oil to it.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and apply this mask on your scalp by covering all the hair.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap and leave it for 1-2 hours.
- If you want to get waves along with straight hair, then wrap it with the aluminum covers and scrunch your hair in order to get waves with straight hair.
- Wash it with cool water by using a mild shampoo.
- By doing this regularly once in a week for few weeks, you will fulfill your desire of having straight hair.
3. Fuller’s Earth
Fuller’s earth contains some properties, which help in getting straight hair naturally. Moreover, it is a mild cleansing agent, which reduces the curls without damaging your hair.
Method: With Rice Flour and Egg White
- Take 1 cup of fuller’s earth in a bowl and mix it with 2 tbsp of rice flour and 1 egg white.
- Pour few drops of water to get a fine mixture.
- Now, comb your hair with a broad toothed comb before and after applying this mixture.
- Leave it for 1 hour, and then rinse it with plain water.
- With the help of a spray bottle, spray milk in your hair. Again leave it for 15 -20 minutes.
- Wash your hair by using a good shampoo. Use a conditioner as well.
- Use this remedy once in a week to get desired results.
4. Coconut Milk
Coconut milk has many benefits. It is known to straighten the hair naturally. It is antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal in nature, which keeps your scalp free from infections. It also moisturizes your hair deeply, thus gives a luster and shine to your hair.
Method: With Lemon Juice
- Take 1 cup of fresh coconut milk and mix it with 1 tbsp of lemon juice in a glass jar.
- Now, keep this jar in a fridge for 2-3 hours or till it forms a creamy layer on the top.
- Take out this cream and massage your scalp and hair by using the cream for few minutes.
- Wrap your hair with a shower cap. Cover the cap with a warm towel for 30 minutes.
- Use a shampoo to wash your hair, and then condition your hair.
- Comb your wet hair and let it dry.
- Or you can blow dry your straight hair in order to give some style to your hair.
- You can use this remedy every week. It is even effective for making short hair straight.
Egg is very useful in making your hair shiner and stronger. Olive oil combined with eggs helps you reduce hair fall. Both olive oil and egg work together in straightening your hair naturally.
Method 1: Eggs with Olive Oil
- Take 2 eggs and whip it nicely.
- Add 4 tbsp of olive oil and mix it well.
- Now, apply this mixture on your scalp by covering each hair strands.
- Comb your hair and wear a shower cap.
- Leave it for 45 minutes and then wash off by using a shampoo.
- Use this remedy weekly once for few months to get straight hair naturally.
Method 2: Eggs with Yogurt
- Take 1 or 2 eggs based on your hair length and volume.
- Beat the eggs with 2 tbsp of yogurt.
- Yogurt helps in making your hair straight. At the same time it reduces the smell of the egg.
- Apply this mixture from the roots to the tip of your hair.
- Wrap a shower cap and leave it for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair by using a fragrant shampoo.
- Repeat this process weekly to get healthy and straight hair.
6. Celery Leaves
Celery is one of the healthiest foods for hair. It contains lots of beneficial properties for making the hair straight.
Method: Celery Juice
- Take 10-12 bunches of celery leaves.
- Chop the fine leaves and blend it in a juicer.
- Strain the juice of it by using a muslin cloth.
- You can store this juice in a jar overnight.
- Next morning, apply this juice on your scalp and hair.
- Or you can store this juice in a spray bottle to spray all over your hair and scalp.
- Then comb your hair and leave it for 25-30 minutes.
- Cover your head with a shower cap as this juice will drip from your head.
- Wash off with plain water and allow it to dry naturally.
- Use this method regularly to get straight hair.
7. Banana Hair Mask
Banana helps in keeping the hair hydrated and healthy. Using banana hair mask regularly will help to boost the moisturizing content of your hair. It also helps in getting waves along with straight hair. In addition to that it also helps to get rid of itchy and dry scalp.
Method 1: Banana with Olive Oil and Yogurt
- Take 2 fully grown bananas and mash them by using a fork.
- Add 2 tbsp each of honey, olive oil and plain yogurt.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a smooth paste.
- Your hair mask is ready to use. So, apply this mask on your hair and wrap it with a shower cap.
- Keep it for 30-40 minutes and then wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Honey, yogurt and olive oil moisturize your hair as well as make your hair thick, lustrous and straight.
- Follow this remedy once in a week for few months to get straight hair.
Method 2: Banana and Papaya
- Take equal portion of banana and papaya and mash them properly.
- Put 1 tbsp of honey and mix it well.
- Apply this mask on your hair from the root to the tip.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash off.
- You will notice a major difference with just one wash. Use this method regularly once in a week for a month or two.
8. Hot Oil Massage
Taking hot oil treatments regularly is one the best and easiest ways of keeping your hair the way you want. It will make your hair smooth, straight and well hydrated. Warm oil produces heat and saturation, which helps your curly, wavy hair pattern to relax.
You can use any oil for massaging your hair. However, sesame oil , olive oil, almond or coconut oil for hair are considered as best for hair straightening.
- Take any oil mentioned above as per your choice and availability.
- Pour few drops of oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat it for 20 seconds.
- Apply this warm oil on your scalp by covering all your hair.
- Now, massage your scalp in a circular motion for about 20 minutes.
- Then comb your hair, which will evenly distribute the oil applied.
- Combing also helps to avoid hair fall while washing.
- Take a wet hot towel and cover your head for 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair by using a shampoo and then comb your hair while it is wet.
[Read Here: How To Make Your Hair Grow Faster]
Further Tips for Getting Straight Hair
Here are some of the tips apart from home remedies, which will help not just to keep your hair straight all day, but also helps in getting natural straight hair.
- Avoid tying your hair for a long time as it makes your hair wavy.
- Wash your hair frequently with beer or use beer shampoo as it softens your curly hair, which helps in doing hair style of your choice.
- Massaging with castor and soybean oil are very effective in making hair straight naturally.
- If your hair is wavy or curly, then wrap your hair tightly when it is wet for 30 minutes to make your hair straight.
- By twisting your wet hair like a rope and putting a bun, helps you in getting straight hair for a day.
- After washing, comb your hair and blow dry to make them straight.
- Always wash your hair with cold water. It blocks the hair follicles, which enables conditioners to be effective in giving you smooth and straight hair.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar and wash your hair with this solution after shampooing your hair. It helps not only to get straight hair, but also restores the ph level of your hair, which helps to maintain healthy, smooth and silky hair.
- Avoid using blow dryers and hair straightening equipments and other chemical products as these may harm your hair and make it frizzy.
These remedies and tips will definitely help you in making your hair straight naturally without spending any penny or undergoing costlier and harmful hair treatments. These tips and remedies will not just help you to get straight hair, but will also protect your hair from all harmful chemicals that destroy your hair.
Try these easy and efficient ways to straighten your hair at home and share your wonderful experiences with us.
[Also Read Here: DIY Homemade Hair Mask]