Moles are those ugly unwanted spots on the body from which every man and woman want to get rid of. Though the moles are not harmful and not a major health concern, but still many find it to be unattractive and unpleasing. If you one of them and looking forward to get rid of moles then you are at right place. This article will provide you natural ways to remove moles painlessly.
In medical science, mole is called as melanocytic nevi, which usually appear black or brown in color and in the form of spots or patches. For some people, it appears red or pink in color. It is caused when the skin cells, called as melanocytes, produce excessive coloring pigment, known as melanin in the body.
Moles usually appear between the ages of 20-30 and its size and shape varies from person to person. Moles are caused by certain factors, such as heredity, over exposure to the sun, hormonal imbalance, unbalanced diet, stress, etc., but the majority of people get it from birth. Sometimes moles fade away with the advancement of the age.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Moles
After knowing about the facts about the moles, you must be thinking now, how to get rid of the moles. I must tell you here that the best treatment to get rid of moles is to follow natural mole removal methods, which are harmless, cost effective and proved to be very effective in removing it. So, let’s look into some of the ways to get rid of moles at home.
1. Castor Oil and Baking Soda
Castor oil is discutient in nature helps to eradicate warts, moles and other skin tags, or skin problems by dissolving them fully. It causes the mole to vanish totally. It helps to eradicate warts, moles and other skin tags, or skin problems by dissolving them fully. Baking soda when combined with castor oil also helps in removing the moles.
This combination is very effective in moles removal, but may take some extra time than other remedies. This remedy has an extra advantage of clearing the scars on the skin along with the mole.
- Castor oil- 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – a pinch
- A small bowl
- In a small bowl, take 1 tbsp of castor oil, and add a pinch of baking soda to it.
- Mix the ingredients well to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the moles before going to bed and leave it overnight.
- Wash the paste next morning and pat dry your skin.
- Use this remedy regularly to get rid of moles from your body.
[Also Read:How Baking Soda Helps Acne]
2. Frankincense Oil
Frankincense essential oil is considered to be a holy oil, which is used for skin care and stomach illness in Egypt. It consists of a component called ‘sesquiterpenes’, which stimulates the glands in the body, responsible for the creation of healthy skin cells, thus helps to reduce moles, which are formed due to improper accumulation of cells. It also increases leukocyte activities that strengthen the immune system of the body.
Being astringent in nature, it helps in making the moles dry and removes it layer by layer to eradicate the mole completely.
- Frankincense essential oil- 1 tsp
- Olive oil or any carrier oil – 1 tsp
- Cotton ball – 1
Process: With Olive Oil
- Take 1 tsp of frankincense essential oil and dilute it with 1 tsp of olive oil or any other carrier oil and mix well.
- With the help of a cotton ball, dab this oil on your moles, and allow it to settle for 30-40 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy several times in a day for a month or two and you will find that your moles have vanished.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best remedies in getting rid of the moles fast. It contains tartaric, malic and other acids, which work in removing the moles from the skin. Apple cider vinegar also helps in clearing out the skin lesions like warts, skin tags, etc.
- Petroleum jelly – 1 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Cotton ball – 1
- Water – 1 tsp
- Bandage – 1
- Take 1 tsp of petroleum jelly and apply it all over your moles, as it will help to protect your skin from the strong acidic nature of apple cider vinegar.
- Take 1 tsp apple cider vinegar in a bowl and dip a cotton ball in it.
- Apply the apple cider on the moles with the cotton ball.
- If your skin is sensitive to apple cider vinegar, then you can even dilute it with water to remove the strong acidic effects of it.
- Place this vinegar- soaked cotton ball on your moles with vinegar touching your skin, and then cover it with a bandage.
- Leave this for 2-3 hours, and then remove the bandage and the cotton ball.
- Do this process 2-3 times in a week for 2-3 months to get rid of moles from your body. Apple cider vinegar also helps to get rid of warts.
Note: Moles, when cured, will drop off on its own, so don’t rub it or scratch it to remove.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lukewarm water
- A cotton ball
- Clean your mole gently with lukewarm water and then pat dry your skin.
- Then, apply some apple cider vinegar on the moles with the help of a cotton ball, and massage it till it becomes white.
- Allow the apple cider vinegar to dry completely, and then wash off after few minutes.
- Follow this remedy 3-4 times in a day to get rid of moles fast.
Note: Applying apple cider vinegar will make your moles worse initially, but using it repeatedly for a week or so will help in achieving the result. When moles get dry then start applying coconut oil to prevent the scars.
4. Coriander Leaves
Coriander leaves are used mostly in seasoning the foods to make it tastier. But, these leaves have their own benefits when it comes to removing the moles from the skin. It first reduces the moles and then slowly eradicates it and gives you even skin tone naturally.
- Coriander leaves – a handful
- Bandage or cloth – 1
Process: Coriander Paste
- Take a handful of fresh coriander leaves, wash them, and grind them to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the moles.
- Cover it with a bandage or cloth, and leave the paste for 30-40 minutes.
- Clean your skin with water and pat dry.
- Follow this process daily for few weeks, and you will completely get rid of moles on your body.
5. Pomegranate Peel
Using pomegranate peel for treating moles is a very old remedy. Pomegranate skin contains antioxidant properties as well as phenolics and bioactive compounds, which help in removing the top most layer of the mole. Pomegranate peel also contains proanthocyanidins, flavonoids and ascorbic acid to remove the moles effectively from the skin.
- Pomegranate – 1
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
Process: with lime juice
- Peel the skin of 1 pomegranate and dry it completely.
- Then, grind this peel to make a powder.
- Add 2 tbsp lemon juice to this powder to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the mole and let it sit for 2-3 hours.
- Wash off the skin once it becomes completely dry.
- This application can be repeated everyday for few weeks to get rid of ground moles. It can also be applied to remove moles on the face.
[Also Read:How to Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation]
6. Cashew Nut
Cashew nuts are rich in antiviral and antifungal properties, which help in clearing the wart and fading away the mole without any side effects and pain. Cashew nuts paste, when applied regularly, eradicates the ugly moles and other facial warts.
- Cashew nuts- ½ bowl
- Water – 3 tbsp
Process: Cashew nuts Paste
- Take ½ bowls of raw cashew nuts.
- Grind them by adding 3 tbsp water to make a paste.
- Now, apply this paste on the moles.
- Leave the paste for 10-20 minutes, and then rinse it with normal water.
- Continue this process daily to get rid of facial moles and other moles in your body.
Garlic consists of some enzymes, which help in breaking down the cell clusters that form the moles. Moreover, garlic contains some extra properties that help to lighten the dark pigmentation and moles.
- Garlic cloves – 2 to 3
- Petroleum jelly – 1 tsp
- Bandage – 1
- Take 1 tsp of petroleum jelly and apply it on your moles to protect your skin from burning, as garlic causes burning sensation to the skin.
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves, and grind it to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your moles and wrap it with a bandage.
- Allow the paste to sit for 4-5 hours and then take out the bandage.
- Clean the affected area with water and pat dry.
- Repeat this process 4-5 times in a week for several weeks to get rid of moles on your body.
Note: Do not apply garlic directly on your skin, as it may cause burning sensation on the skin.
8. Iodine Solution
Iodine is used to control the thyroid and other hormones in your body. It is a natural element and is very effective in curing moles. It works by triggering the natural cell death and removes the mole clusters.
When iodine solution is applied on the moles, it infiltrates into the cells and eradicates the mole. This solution is easily available in the medical stores. But make sure to buy the solution, which contains only 5% iodine in it.
- Solution with 5 % iodine – 1 drop
- Wet cloth – 1
- Petroleum jelly – 1 tsp
- Bandage – 1
- Clean your moles with a wet cloth and then apply 1 tsp petroleum jelly on your moles.
- Now take a drop of iodine solution, and apply it on your moles.
- Then place a bandage to cover the applied area.
- Keep this solution on the mole for 3-5 hours, or leave it overnight by applying this before going to bed.
- Repeat this remedy 3-4 times in a week for few weeks continually, and it will surely take out the moles without leaving any scars on your skin.
Note: Iodine solution can cause a burning sensation on the skin, but it is very effective in clearing out the moles.
[Also Read:How to Get Rid of Dark Spots]
Tips to Prevent or Remove Moles
Further tips will prevent the reoccurrence of the moles in future and will help in removing the existing skin moles completely.
- People with sensitive skin should be very careful and follow some precautions while using these remedies. If your skin is causing irritation then stop that remedy and follow the other one.
- Every night apply a slice of potato on your moles, and leave it overnight. Very soon you will notice that your moles have vanished.
- Honey is considered to be very useful in healing moles. So, applying honey daily on your moles help to get rid of them.
- Avoid the exposure to the sun as it causes extra melanin pigment in your body, which is the main reason behind the moles. Apply sunscreen lotion with high SPF while going out in the sun.
- Tea tree oil can also be applied regularly, as it helps in removing the moles easily from the skin. But dilute it with water or other carrier oils before applying as it may cause irritation and a burning sensation on the skin.
- Evening primrose oil is found to be very effective in stopping the growth of the mole, so you can apply this frequently to get rid of moles.
- Never scratch or try to pluck your mole as it may worsen the condition, and even if it comes out, it will grow again at the same place.
- Surgical procedures for removing the moles at home are dangerous. If you are doing it at home without any doctor’s supervision, it may cause side effects.
- Potassium is effective in healing the moles, so eat potassium-rich foods or follow remedies which contain potassium. You can eat bananas or strawberries daily, or apply banana peel on the moles to get rid of moles naturally. Onion juice and cauliflower juice can also be applied on the moles regularly to avoid their growth.
- Drinking acidic fruit juices regularly, such as pineapple, green apple, figs, grapefruit, and oranges, etc., helps in preventing moles or you can apply these juices directly on moles to remove it.
- Applying sour apple juice helps in dissolving the moles, so apply it regularly to get rid of moles.
- Dandelion root has been used since a very long time to cure the moles. Cut a dandelion root to take out its milky sap and apply it on your skin moles to get rid of moles fast.
- Having a balanced diet and drinking lots of water helps in maintaining the proper functioning of the cells, which can help in reducing and preventing the moles.
Now, I am sure that you have got answer to your question, how to get rid of moles, but it is always important to consult a dermatologist before starting any home remedies to check out whether your mole is cancerous or not. Also, if you notice a change in the size or shape or texture of the moles after following these remedies, or if your moles are itchy and painful, then you must go to your doctor immediately.
Otherwise, these remedies and tips will definitely help to get rid of the moles completely.