Frizzy hair is common for all age group. As a teenager, if you are worried about your frizzy hair, then it is due to lack of moisture in the cuticle layers. The hair requires more moisture to make them smooth. Apart from that there are also many other factors, such as extreme humidity, use of a blow dryer, use of chlorinated water, chemicals in the hair-care products and use of wrong products also cause frizzy hair.
Do you get tensed while going to attend a party because of your frizzy hair? As a teenager do you find it difficult to handle your frizzy hair? Frizzy hair is a regular issue for many whereas for few it is an occasional problem. Here is how you can get rid of frizzy hair.
Home Remedies to get rid of Frizzy Hair
Protecting your hair is simple but all you need is time. You can reduce and get rid of frizzy hair by locking the moisture of your hair with the use of natural remedies. In extreme weather conditions like summer or winter, you can use a hat to protect your hair from becoming frizzy.
Many of us face this frizzy hair condition while going to the office, going to the college, going out etc. So it is necessary for us to know the remedies to prevent and reduce this frizzy hair condition. Let’s read to know more about it.
The egg is loaded with natural amino acids, which smoothen the frizzy hair as well as benefits the hair follicles. Eggs also contain enzymes which kill bacteria and get rid of unwanted oil on the hair pores. Proteins in eggs help you get thicker hair.
Method 1: Using Raw Egg with Olive Oil
- Take 2 eggs and separate the yolk.
- Take only the egg whites in a bowl.
- Add a small amount of olive oil and 1 tsp of lemon juice to it. Stir the mixture well and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Apply it and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a regular shampoo.
Method 2: Egg with Almond Oil
- Form a smooth paste of 1/4th cup of almond oil with 1 raw egg.
- Apply the paste to your hair and scalp and allow it to remain 40 minutes before washing it.
- Rinse hair with fresh clean water.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner which is rich in nourishing your hair.
Oils have very good hydrating effects and will act as a natural conditioner to your hair and it not only help you reduce frizzy hair but also get you shiny hair.
Method 1: Avocado with Olive Oil Mask
- Mash avocado in a bowl. Add 2 –3 drops of olive oil to it and stir it well.
- Rinse your hair with a regular shampoo.
- After shampooing your hair gently apply the avocado mask. Ensure that you have applied the mask fully.
- Allow the mask to remain for 30 minutes to an hour and then rinse it out thoroughly.
- Adding a little of mayonnaise to the avocado mixture will help to create a natural, moisturizing mask.
- Try this hair mask once or twice a week to condition your hair and prevent dryness.
- Avocado also has good fatty acids as well as Vitamin E which will help you to reduce frizzy hair.
Method 2: Use of Coconut and Olive Oil
- Take some coconut oil or olive oil in a small container.
- Use a cotton piece or your fingers to apply the oil on your hair.
- Gently apply them to the roots of your hair and not to the scalp.
- You can lock moisture of your hair by using the coconut oil (Also read the benefits of coconut oil for hair) and olive oil mixture because of its high hydrating effects.
Method 3: Hot Oil Massage
- Take a small container with some coconut oil, olive oil or castor oil or any oil of your choice and heat it for about 2-4 minutes.
- While applying, make sure that the oil is heated only to a comfortable temperature so that you can apply it to your scalp.
- Before applying, add 2 drops of honey to it as honey has a property that smoothens the fibers in your hair.
- Apply the oil from the root to the tip of your hair.
- Take a cloth or plastic cover and wrap your hair to hold the moisture after the hot oil treatment.
- Allow it to remain for an hour. Now, you can shampoo and condition your hair to remove the excess oil.
Method 4: Prefer Using Vitamin E Oils with Sweet Almond Oil
- Use Vitamin E oils, such as argan oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, burdock root oil, coconut oil, olive oil etc. Use these oils weekly to give a warm up massage to your hair.
- Take 1 tbsp of Vitamin E oil with 5 tbsp of sweet almond oil.
- Slightly warm up the oil mixture and gently apply it to your scalp. Apply this mixture to your hair also and allow it to remain there for at least 30-40 minutes.
- Warming up the oil will do wonders as it is loaded with properties that lock the moisture of your hair.
- Rinse your hair finally with a shampoo and apply the best conditioner.
- Repeat this every day to get best results and to reduce frizzy hair.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar (Also Read Benefits of Apple cider vinegar for hair care) has an acidic property and is very effective in taming the frizzy hair. It also provides a great shine to your hair.
- Take 1 cup of water with 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and mix it well.
- Apply this mixture all over your hair.
- Allow it for 10 n minutes and then rinse your hair with cool water.
- After rinsing, condition your hair properly.
4. Hot Coconut Milk
The use of coconut milk smoothens your hair and makes your hair smooth and silky naturally.
- Take 2 tbsp of coconut milk in a container and slightly heat it. Apply this coconut milk to your hair. Then, apply hot oil to your hair before going to sleep.
- Cover your hair with a towel.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with a shampoo and let your hair dry.
- Try it twice a week to get shiny and bouncy hair.
[Also Read: Home Remedies for Oily Hair]
5. Banana for Frizzy Hair
Bananas with rich conditioning properties lock the moisture and fights against the frizzy hair. By preparing a natural banana hair mask at home, you can remove frizzy hair at home.
- Take 1 ripe banana with 2 tbsp of honey in a container.
- Mash the banana with olive oil and honey and blend it well.
- Apply this mixture to the areas of frizzy hair and leave it for about 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair using a shampoo and a conditioner.
The use of cosmetics will quickly reduce frizzy hair, but you must use the product which is right for your hair.
Method 1: Use of Shampoo with Moisturizers
- Use a mild shampoo with moisturizing effects. Never use harsh products on your hair as it can dry out your hair further.
- Use shampoo and conditioner to your as per your scalp and hair type. Use those regularly if needed.
- Always use a conditioner once you shampoo your hair.
- Make sure you use a protein-rich conditioner as it will help to reduce and manage your frizzy hair. It will also give a healthy shine to your hair.
- Get rid of all hair products which contain alcohol as it would make your hair drier.
[Must Read:Amazing Home remedies for Hair Fall]
Simple Tips to Control Frizzy Hair
Try out these tips to manage as well as reduce your frizzy hair condition.
Brush Your Hair Properly
Frizzy hair is a common hair condition where the hair breaks easily and leads to frizzy hair condition. Always brush your hair slowly and smoothly. Never comb your hair when it is wet. Always use soft movements in a towel to lock the moisture of your hair.
Avoid Shampooing Your Hair Often
Always use a mild shampoo and never use shampoo every day as it dries your hair and leads to the breakage of moisture of your hair. Avoid using the dryer after shampooing as it dries your hair that always leads to frizzy hair.
Avoid Hot Irons
Avoid using hot irons or curling your hair as these methods will lead you to lose depletes the moisture of your hair and then to lead to frizzy hair. If you have frizzy hair, never go for hair straightening as it will worsen the condition.
Use Microfiber Towel
Drying your hair with a towel will make your hair very dry and frizzy. So use a microfiber towel as it absorbs the water present in your hair and at the same time maintains the moisture content of your hair.
Avoid Continuous Brushing of Dry Hair
Avoid brushing your hair continuously as it disrupts your hair cuticles and loss of moisture.
Have a Good-Cut
Always prefer a good cut from your stylist who knows how to reduce and prevent frizzy hair.
While relaxing at night or anytime, use a silk pillowcase to sleep which will help reducing frizzy hair.
Hair Styles for Frizzy Hair
It’s difficult to try out all the hairstyles if you have frizzy hair, but there are few hairstyles you can try even if you have frizzy hair. Let’s have a look at them.
- Side Ponytail Hair Style: The side ponytail blends the frizzy hairs wonderfully and provides a great appearance to your frizzy hair.
- High Ponytail Style: The high ponytail style is elegant as plating your hair up will reduce the messy hair look.
- Sleek Ponytail: The sleek pony hair has a perky style on the top and it goes well with all outfits.
- Mini Side Braids: The mini braid contours are the wavy frizzy tresses. It looks good when decorated with mini butterfly pins.
- Bottom Bun Braid: The braided bun has its unique pretty style merging into the bun from the bottom.
- Wavy and Messy Braid: This style is edgy and it provides a messy loose wavy look.
- Ombre Headband Braid: The ombre headband is chic and edgy. It gives a hippie effect to your frizzy hair.
- Thin Braid: The thin braid with an uneven top is perky and funky.
- Tousled Braid: The tousled braid is stylish and chic. The half braid with curly loose tops can be a good option for extremely frizzy wavy tresses.
- Interweaved Crown Braid: The braid here seems to be deeply intertwined with each other and looks neat.
- Chunky Short Side Braid: The hairdo gives an elegant and casual appeal with extremely loose essence and has a stylish and edgy look. It goes well with all casuals.
- Braided In: The short side braid is done with edgy twists which start near the forehead. The style is chic and elegant. The plates are not inconsistent and left insecure.
- Braided Loose Tresses: This hairstyle is done on the top, which exquisitely graduate into loose open tresses and gives a messy display.
- Golden Lean Braid: The golden lean braid hair style is unevenly combed top and gives an impressive look.
- Side Braid with Medium Tresses: The side braids are dressed open way tresses on both sides and look good when dyed in golden ombre color.
- Messy Frizzy Plaits: This style is chic and elegant with frizzy plaits dressed in sober flyways.
- Lean Mini Braid: Your lean mini braid has a wavy essence to it. Start doing from the front and take it back and your hairs are protected.
- Braids In Wavy Elegance: This hairstyle starts from mid part and then a braid is to be done from beside the part. Hold your hair on top with a rubber band.
- Tender Loose: The hairdo has a tender and elegant appeal and the blonde loose braid is exquisitely chunky and pretty.
- Braid Ribboned: This messy bag enhances this understated ribbon weaved into a braid and this style is elegant.
- Elegant Half Up: This hairdo is vivaciously elegant as the curly rolled edges provide a tender soft appeal to your hair.
- Messy Side Braid: The long side messy braid has a chunky character and the hairdo appears sensual and classy.
- Messy Half Fusion: The messy half fussed bun provides an elegant appeal. This is chic and stylish.
- Carrie Bradshaw Curls: Rather than looking messy, the frizz gives the curls a soft finish. To get that look apply a light leave-in conditioner.
- Textured Wavy Style: It looks great for frizzy hair as the extra texture lends the volume. It requires low maintenance.
- The Beehive Up Do Style: Frizz is enhanced by the extreme and volumized up, do the method of hair style. Wear this style for instant glam up.
- Messy Fishtail Braid: This hair style it gives an ultra modern look. You can remove the maximum amount of frizz from your hair by an oversized bun. It gives you a wonderful and a rich look.
[Must Read: DIY Homemade Hair Mask for Beautiful Hair]
How to Keep Your Hair Less Frizzy
All of us want hair that is soft, smooth and shining. No one wants frizzy hair as it needs real hard work to handle. So, here we have brought some solutions, which will help you to reduce frizzy hair.
- Comb Dry Hair with Wet Fingers: The problem with frizzy hair is its dryness. Always wet your hand with water, and then finger comb your hair and the tangles of your frizzy hair.
- Use a Conditioner and Tame it: Apply a hair conditioner to the tip of your hair.
- Prefer a Protein Rich Conditioner: Apply a protein-rich conditioner to your hair. It will manage frizz and make your hair shining.
- Avoid Relaxers: Relaxers and strengtheners can make hair more brittle and lead to breakage.
You can also stop frizzy hair by using all natural oils which contain good frizz fighters.
How to Prevent frizzy Hair
Handling your hair roughly causes split ends and lead to breakage. You have to take utmost care while taming your frizzy hair. Let’s have a look at the various tips, which you can follow to keep your hair less frizzy.
- Never rub your hair or roughly scrub it. When shampooing, use fingertips to pull out the shampoo from your hair.
- Rinse your hair with cool or lukewarm water. Never try it with hot water because it will damage your hair and can make your hair drier.
- Make your hair dry by using a towel and never squeeze excess water from your hair.
- Your hair becomes dry when the natural oils of your scalp are not getting a chance to nourish it. Shampooing every day makes your hair receive natural oil regularly.
Use a protein rich conditioner each time you wash your hair. Be sure to leave it on for at least 5 minutes. Avoid drying your hair with a towel as it roughs up the hair cuticle and it makes it look frizzy. Instead, use a microfiber towel to gently press out water from your hair. A blow drier will reduce frizz by compressing the cuticle. Applying a silicone serum will make your cuticle stay smooth. You must always remember to use an alcohol-free product like hair sprays as it controls frizzy hair. For those who want shiny, silky and bouncy hair must always try out with these home remedies to get rid of frizzy hair.
What are you waiting for? Did you try out with these home remedies? Did it work for you? If yes, then share your experiences with us.You can mail us or share your queries.