Zoey was just pondering over the statements, which the trainer said at a communication improvement workshop at her office. The trainer explained it very interestingly- how a beautiful smile can change your personality and boost your confidence.
Zoey thought, yeah, it is true that a beautiful smile can make a difference, but what if you need to hide your smile and that too because of white spots on teeth? Now, Zoey is suffering from the problem of white spots on teeth. She almost lost the confidence of having a free laugh in the public. She even feels conscious while talking to people.
Are you in the same situation like Zoey? Are you thinking how to get rid of white spots on teeth? If yes, then you must have tried to find out the ways to get rid of this problem. Going to a dentist will have a big hole in your pocket. But do not worry as we have presented some of the best home remedies for you in this article. But before going to that, just have a look at the causes of white spots on teeth.
Causes of White Spots on Teeth
The white spots on teeth are termed as an area where the enamel is decalcified, which has caused teeth deterioration. Many people suffer from this issue of white spots on the teeth. It can affect both the kids as well as the adults. The reasons can vary, but normally a white spot on the teeth is considered as the first stage of tooth decay. Some of the causes of white spots on teeth are listed below:
- A nutritional deficiency causes white spots on teeth.
- Excessive use of fluoride also results in white spots on teeth.
- For kids, generally white spots on teeth come right at the time of tooth development.
- Some people suffer from white spots after the removal of
- It can happen due to hyperplasia, which is the cause of lack of minerals or demineralization of teeth.
Home Remedies for White Spots on Teeth
Home remedies are easy to use and are effective for white spot treatment. The ingredients like coconut oil, salt, and baking soda are readily available at every home. Use these home remedies, which are less expensive and come with no side effects. You can also use baking soda to get whiter teeth at home.
1. Baking Soda to Remove White Spots on Teeth
Baking soda is an extensively used product for oral hygiene. In terms of dental health, baking soda, in fact, cures bad breath and gives a shine to your teeth. White spots on the teeth not only decalcifies the enamel but also creates the risk of tooth decay. Brushing your teeth with baking soda is alike using toothpaste to keep your teeth clean.Here are different methods to use baking soda to remove white spots on teeth.
Note: You need to dilute the baking soda before applying it on the teeth to avoid irritation on the teeth.
Method 1: Baking Soda Teeth Cleaner
It is a simple remedy of using baking soda to brush your teeth. See the process in detail to brush your teeth with baking soda.
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- Take 1 tsp of baking soda and place it on a small plate.
- Take your usual toothbrush.
- Wet your toothbrush a bit with water.
- Dip your toothbrush in 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Now, brush your teeth with dry powder of baking soda.
- Brush for 2 minutes and cover all your teeth.
- Rinse your mouth with water and brush your teeth using regular toothpaste.
- Use this remedy twice a week to reduce white spots on your teeth.
Method 2: Baking Soda and Strawberry
Baking soda is a natural whitening agent whereas the strawberry consists of vitamin C which helps to remove the white spots on teeth. The anti-oxidant properties of strawberry keep your teeth away from stains and cavities.
Here is how to remove white spots on teeth using baking soda and strawberry pack.
- Strawberries- 2-3
- Baking soda- 2 tsp
- Take 2-3 ripe strawberries and mash it using the masher to get a smooth paste.
- Add 2 tsp of baking soda to the strawberry paste and mix it well.
- Take the paste on your toothbrush and brush your teeth for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- Use this remedy once every day for 1 week to fix the white spots on teeth.
Method 3: Baking Soda and Vinegar Toothpaste
The combination of vinegar and baking soda is a must try remedy to remove the white spots on teeth. It works really well and in no time you will get white sparkling teeth.
- Baking soda – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Take 2 tsp of baking soda and add 1 tsp of vinegar to it.
- Mix both the ingredients well to make a uniform paste.
- Take the paste on your fingertips and gently rub it on your teeth for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash off your mouth with water.
- Apply this toothpaste twice every week to fix white spots on teeth
Method 4: Baking Soda with Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide offers whitening and bleaching effects when used on teeth. So the combination of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide works well to remove white spots from teeth.
- Baking soda – 1 tbsp
- Hydrogen peroxide – 1 tbsp
- Take 1 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide in a small bowl and dip a little-wet toothbrush in it.
- Now, after that dip the same toothbrush in 1 tbsp of baking soda.
- Brush your teeth with the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Regularly use the remedy twice in a week to get rid of white spots on teeth.
Method 5: Baking Soda, Glycerin, and Peppermint Extract
Here is another remedy of baking soda with glycerine and peppermint extract.
In this remedy, the peppermint extract is a very important ingredient which prevents the plaque formation on your teeth and thus avoids tooth discoloration. It adds a good flavour to the combination and also due to its antibacterial properties it actively fights the bacteria responsible for tooth decay.
The glycerine in this remedy will help you to keep the teeth stain free and strong. See how to fix the white spot on teeth using amazing baking soda, glycerin, and peppermint extract treatment.
- Baking soda – 6 tsp
- Peppermint extract – 3-4 drops
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Glycerine – 4 tsp
- Mix 6 tsp of baking soda and 4 tsp of glycerine in a small container.
- Now, add ½ tsp of salt and 3-4 drops of peppermint extract oil to it.
- Use a masher to mix the ingredients well and create a uniform paste.
- Take the paste on your fingertips and gently brush your teeth for 3-4 minutes.
- Do this at least 2 times a week to reduce the white spots
- Now apply the paste to your teeth and brush your teeth for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use this remedy twice per week to remove white spots from the teeth.
[Also Read:Home Remedies for Wisdom Tooth Pain Relief]
2. Salt to Remove White Spots on Teeth
Application of salt for the treatment of teeth provides you the benefits of clean teeth. At the same time, it also strengthens your gums. Salt fights against bad breath and prevents teeth deterioration. The content of sea salt is majorly the minerals which are valuable for teeth and gums.
- Salt – 2-3 tbsp
- Take 2-3 tbsp of salt in a small bowl.
- Add water to it to make a paste.
- Take the paste on your fingertips.
- Rub the paste on your teeth.
- Cover all the teeth with a special application of the paste on the white spots.
- Rub the salt paste for 2 minutes.
- Wash your mouth with water.
- Brush your teeth with regular toothpaste.
- Use this remedy every day for 1 week to remove and prevent white spots on your teeth.
3. Coconut Oil to Remove White Spots on Teeth
Coconut oil has many benefits and it also provides nourishment to your gum and makes the teeth strong. The lauric acid in coconut oil removes white spots on the teeth. Coconut oil provides a bleaching action to the teeth and makes it plaque free.
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Put 2 tbsp of coconut oil in your mouth.
- Shove and swish the coconut oil in your mouth.
- Do oil pulling for 10 minutes.
- Don’t drink it, spit it immediately.
- Wash off your mouth with warm water.
- Make a habit of using this remedy daily before brushing your teeth.
- The white spots on your teeth will be significantly reduced.
[Also Read:5 Best Home Remedies for Tooth Sensitivity]
4. Green Tea to Remove White Spots on Teeth
Green tea can act as an active agent for remineralization of teeth. It consists of gallic acid, caffeic acid, chlorogenic acid and flavonoids which are very useful nutrients and minerals required for remineralization of teeth.
Green tea also consists of a compound called Catechin which is responsible for preventing the plaque buildup on the teeth and thus avoids white spots on teeth. It is also a natural source of fluoride. This means that green tea rinse can make your teeth less prone to acid closure.
Here is how to get rid of white spots on teeth using green tea rinse.
- Warm water- 1 cup
- Green tea bag- 1
- Take 1 cup of warm water and soak 1 green tea bag in it.
- Allow it to remain undisturbed for 5 minutes so that the green tea extract will be properly passed on in the water.
- Now, take out the green tea bag and keep it aside.
- Take the warm green tea extract and put some of it in your mouth.
- Swirl with green tea properly in your mouth for 1 minutes.
- Repeat the process for entire 1 cup of green tea.
- Later rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times a day to get rid of white spots on teeth.
5. Turmeric to Remove White Spots on Teeth
Here is an excellent remedy which removes the white spots on teeth as well as keep your teeth protected from cavities. The combination of turmeric with salt and lemon juice act as a stain removal and provides relief from white spots on teeth.
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric powder and 1 tsp of lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Mix it well and add ½ tsp of salt to it.
- You will get a rough paste which you should use to brush your teeth for 2 minutes.
- Rinse off your mouth properly using warm water.
- Repeat this remedy once every day to reduce white spots on teeth.
6. Lemon to Remove White Spots on Teeth
The vitamin C and citric content of lemon are very high. It helps to heal the damaged teeth and act as a whitening agent to remove strain from the teeth.
Here are two methods to use lemon to remove white spots on teeth.
Method 1: Lemon and Salt
The combination of lemon and salt will work great for you to remove the white spots on the teeth.
- Sea salt – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Take 1 tbsp of each sea salt and lemon juice, mix the ingredients properly.
- Now take the mixture on your fingertips and start rubbing it on your teeth for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash you mouth with cold water.
- Continue to use this remedy once in a day for 2-3 weeks to remove white spots on teeth.
Method 2: Lemon and Water
Check out how to prepare the homemade mouthwash using lemon and water. It will provide you fresh breath and the white spots on teeth will vanish soon.
- Water – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Prepare your mouthwash by adding 1 tbsp of lemon juice in 1 cup of water.
- Stir it well and use to rinse your mouth at least with 2-3 repetition.
- Use this homemade mouthwash every day to reduce the white spots on teeth.
[Also Read:Home Remedies for Teeth Grinding]
7. Margosa to Remove White Spots on Teeth
Margosa or neem is a herb which is used from ancient time for dental care. It consists of antibacterial properties which kill the bacteria causing dental issues like a toothache, gum bleeding as well as bad breath. It has an astringent property which is very effective to remove white spots on teeth.
Here is how to fix white spots on teeth using margosa oil.
- Margosa oil: 2-3 drops
- Toothpaste- 1
- Take out a peanut shaped toothpaste on your toothbrush.
- Now, put 2-3 drops of margosa oil on your toothpaste.
- Use the mixture to brush your teeth for 2-3 minutes.
- Wash off your mouth with water.
- Use this new combination of paste every day to fix the white spot on teeth.
8. Basil to Remove White Spots on Teeth
Are you suffering from bad breath along with white spots on teeth? If yes then this is the best remedy to remove white spots on teeth for you.
The basil leaves works as a natural teeth whitening agent to fix the white spots on teeth. It also provides instant relief from bad breath and bleeding gum issues.
Here are different methods to use basil leaves to treat white spots on teeth.
Method 1: Basil Leaves with Mustard Oil
The combination of basil leaves and mustard oil will not only clean your teeth but make them strong.
- Mustard oil – 1 tsp
- Basil leaves – 4-5
- Take 4-5 basil leaves and blend it using the blender to get a fine paste.
- Add 1 tsp of mustard oil to the basil leaves paste and mix it properly.
- Take the paste on your toothbrush and brush your teeth gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Clean out the paste from your teeth with a cold water rinse.
- Follow this remedy everyday once in the morning to get rid of white spots on teeth.
Method 2: Dried Basil Leaves
This is a simple recipe of tooth powder which you can use to clean your teeth every day.
- Basil leaves – 5-6 (dried)
- Take 5-6 dried basil leaves and crush them to get a fine powder.
- Take the powder on your fingertips and rub it gently on your teeth where white spots are visible.
- Rub the powder on your teeth for 2-3 minutes and then wash your mouth with warm water.
- Use this remedy twice a week and the white spots on teeth will soon vanish.
9. Banana Peel to Remove White Spots on Teeth
A ripe banana peel is a rich manganese, potassium, and magnesium which act as an effective component to remove white spots on the teeth.
It works really well. It’s a must try remedy!
- Banana peel – 1
- Take one banana peel of a ripe banana and cut it into small pieces.
- Take a small piece of banana peel and rub it on your teeth for 1 minute.
- Repeat the process with other pieces of banana peel.
- Leave your teeth undisturbed for 10-15 minutes and then brush it with toothpaste.
- Rinse off your mouth with water.
- Use this small trick every day in the morning to get rid of white spots on teeth in no time.
10. Charcoal to Remove White Spots on Teeth
Charcoal for teeth, it is a good idea. You can use this remedy to remove white spots and stains on the teeth. Also, it works great to remove accumulated plaque from the teeth.
- Charcoal powder – 1 tbsp
- Take 1 tbsp of charcoal powder in a small bowl.
- Dip wet toothbrush in it and start brushing your teeth with the mixture.
- Wash off later with water.
- Apply this remedy twice a week to reduce white spots on the teeth.
11. Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste
The white spots on the teeth indicate the process of demineralization of the teeth. In order to make your teeth strong, the remineralization of teeth is a must. The homemade remineralizing toothpaste provides your teeth the necessary minerals to strengthen it from the root.
- Calcium Powder – 5 -6 tbsp
- Xylitol – 3 tbsp
- Baking soda – 3 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 4 tbsp
- Castille soap – 1 tbsp (in liquid form)
- Peppermint – 1 tsp
- Take 5 tbsp of calcium powder in a bowl.
- Mix it with 3 tbsp of xylitol and 3 tbsp of baking soda.
- Add 4 tbsp of coconut oil along with 1 tbsp of Castille soap.
- Mix it well and add 1 tsp of peppermint at the end.
- Use a blender to make a uniform paste.
- Dip your toothbrush in the solution and brush your teeth in a normal way.
- Use the toothpaste regularly to keep your teeth healthy and free of any decay.
Tips to Avoid White Spots on Teeth
The remedies take care of the outer appearance of your teeth, but you have to take some effort to make your teeth internally strong. The changes in diet and brushing habits are required to avoid the white spots on the teeth.
Diet – Start eating foodstuff rich in calcium to maintain the health of your teeth. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol to protect your teeth from unwanted chemicals.
Dry Brushing – Dry brushing or brushing with plain water gently cleans the teeth. Do dry brushing before the regular brushing of your teeth with toothpaste.
Brush Twice A Day – Brush your teeth twice a day to keep it clean. Use mouthwash for total oral health.
So you got the affordable remedies for white spots on teeth. Are you excited to make your own toothpaste? Go and grab some ingredients to make it and flash that beautiful smile to the whole world.