We are living in the world where we want everything to occur as quickly as possible as we don’t want to wait. It is also true in terms of weight loss also.
Experiences have proven that sudden weight loss is not healthy and at the same time we also cannot ignore its probability of bouncing back on you. Therefore, never go for rapid weight loss techniques and don’t expect instant results. Be a little patient when it comes to losing weight so that you will not regain it later.
Exercise and dieting are must when it comes to weight loss but knowing some natural remedies, like apple cider vinegar for weight loss is an added advantage. It is found to be very effective for weight loss as it reduces the body weight steadily and not instantly.
Going steady with weight loss has two benefits; first, it gives your body the required time to get adjusted to the weight loss and second, you will be away from the fear of gaining the lost weight again.
Why to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
Apple cider vinegar is used for weight loss because of its remarkable properties. Let’s know about it.
- Apple cider vinegar consists of organic acids and enzymes that help in increasing the body’s metabolism rate, which in turn quickens the fat-burning process.
- The consumption of apple cider vinegar helps in losing weight by lowering the insulin and blood sugar levels in your body, due to the high amount of fiber and potassium in it.
- It also increases the feeling of fullness, which helps in eating lesser calories in a day and that in turn leads to weight loss.
- It also reduces water retention in the body, which helps you to keep hydrated and refreshed.
- Apple cider vinegar helps in the proper digestion of the food, which helps in eliminating the waste stored in the colon and the intestines. It also allows your body not to store the fat.
- It also releases glucose into your bloodstream that helps to burn body fat and does not allow the storing of the fat. This in turn suppresses your appetite by keeping your stomach full, thus helps to lose weight effectively.
- It also helps to remove all the unhealthy toxins from the body, so in a way burns the extra calories. So apple cider vinegar helps you to lose weight. ACV also helps in lowering your cholesterol level which makes people becoming fat. So its consumption makes you healthy and energetic.
- It is also known as one of the best diet supplement, as it is loaded with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, pectin and so many different acids. All these help in increasing body’s metabolism rate, which helps to reduce weight without losing any vital nutrients.
Various Natural Ways of Using Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
Now, I am sure that after knowing the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar for weight loss, your next question would be – how to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss? Well, there are various ways in which you can use apple cider vinegar to lose weight effectively and naturally.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar with Water
Taking apple cider vinegar on a regular basis will help to reduce the extra weight and at the same time it will help you to retain perfect weight without any fat formation in your body.
Method 1: Water and Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
- Organic apple cider vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Warm water- 450 ml
- Take 450 ml of warm water in a glass and add 2 tbsp of organic, raw apple cider vinegar to it. Mix it well and drink this solution 2-3 times a day on an empty stomach.
- Or take 1 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar and add it to a glass of any fruit or vegetable juice.
- Mix it well and have the glass of fruit juice with apple cider vinegar 2 times a day.
- Follow this remedy for few months till you see a quick change in your weight.
Method 2: Dilute Apple Cider Vinegar in Water
- Unfiltered apple cider vinegar- 1to 2tsp
- Water- 1 glass
- Take 1 glass of water and add 1-2 tsp of unfiltered or unpasteurized apple cider vinegar to it.
- Stir it with the help of a spoon and have this solution half an hour before your meal.
- Continue this method 3 times a day for few weeks to shed some extra pounds.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar with Cinnamon
Apple cider vinegar alkalizes and cleanses the body by stabilizing the blood sugar level and curbing the hunger pangs. Cinnamon also helps to lose weight by decreasing the blood glucose spikes in the meals, which prevents the fat to store in the body. The combination of both results in a perfect weight loss remedy!
Method 1: Apple Cider Vinegar with Cinnamon
- Bragg apple cider vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Warm water- 240 ml
- Cinnamon- ½ tsp
- Organic honey- 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Take 2 tbsp of Bragg apple cider vinegar and mix it with 240 ml of distilled water.
- Add ½ tsp of cinnamon, 1 tbsp of organic honey and 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice to it.
- Stir all the ingredients well and drink this solution 3-5 times a day.
- Drinking this solution regularly will help you to lose weight
Method 2: With Cinnamon Powder
- Raw apple cider vinegar- 1 tbsp
- Filtered water- 1 glass
- Cinnamon powder- 1 tsp
- Honey (optional)
- Water – 1 glass
- Take 1 glass of water and add 1 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar to it.
- Also add 1 tsp of cinnamon powder to the water and stir well.
- Few drops of honey can also be added for a better taste.
- Drink this solution before having your meal.
- This apple cider vinegar weight loss recipe can be followed regularly for 3 times a day to get desired results.
[Must Read:Coconut Oil for Weight Loss]
3. Apple Cider Vinegar with Maple Syrup and Water
- Bragg apple cider vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Warm water- 1 glass
- Maple syrup- 1 tsp
- Take 2 tbsp of Bragg apple cider vinegar and mix it in 1 glass of warm water.
- Add 1 tsp of maple syrup to this water to sweeten the drink.
- Stir it well and have this concoction 2-3 times a day.
- Continue this process for several weeks and it will slowly help you to get rid of the fat and weight.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Salad
Apple cider vinegar salad controls hunger and helps you to feel full. So, make this healthy salad at home and enjoy it!
- Peeled cucumbers-2
- Tomatoes- 2
- Spring onions- 4
- Water- 50 ml
- Apple cider vinegar- 50 ml
- Black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Sugar- 2tsp (optional)
- In a bowl, take 2 peeled cucumbers, 2 tomatoes, and 4 spring onions (cut all these vegetables in a salad size).
- Add 50 ml each of water and apple cider vinegar to the vegetables in the bowl and mix well.
- Add ¼ tsp each of black pepper and salt to the salad.
- Stir all the vegetables with the help of a spoon and sprinkle 2 tsp of sugar on the top of the salad (as per your taste).
- Have this salad daily to be successful in your weight loss plan. You can also store the remaining salads in the refrigerator by keeping it in an air tight container.
- Eat this salad daily to cut down the extra flab. It will definitely help you to achieve your weight loss.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
The combination of apple cider vinegar and honey is one of the most preferred recipes to cure various diseases; especially it is most often used to lose weight.
As we know apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature and it turns alkaline in the body after consumption, which contradicts the high acidic diet. So a combination is required that can excrete high levels of acids from the body and that is why honey is used often with apple cider vinegar to lose weight. This combination has low pH and after consuming it, it also becomes alkaline, thus removes the excessive acids from one’s body as well help to lose weight.
Honey also reduces the strong taste of the vinegar, so it becomes easy to drink apple cider vinegar.
Method 1: Diluted with Honey
- Unpasteurized apple cider vinegar- 1 tsp
- Honey- 1 tsp
- Warm water- 1 cup
- Take 1 tsp each of unpasteurized apple cider vinegar and dilute it with honey.
- Mix it in 1 cup of warm water.
- Stir well and drink this water 2 times a day before having meals.
- Follow this remedy regularly in order to lose weight naturally.
Method 2: ACV with Honey, Garlic and Lemon Juice
- Organic apple cider vinegar- 2 tsp
- Organic honey- 2 tsp
- Water- 1 glass
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper – a pinch
- Garlic juice- 1 ½tsp
- In a glass of water, add 2 tsp each of organic apple cider vinegar and organic honey.
- Also, add 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice, a pinch of cayenne pepper and 1½ tsp of garlic juice to it.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Drink this mixture up to 3 times a day before each meal.
- Continuing this process regularly will help in reducing the craving for food and improve your immune system and the most important thing is that it will help you to lose weight.
[Also Read:Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss]
Method 3: Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Tea
- Bragg apple cider vinegar- 2 tbsp
- Pure honey- 2tbsp
- Water- 1 cup
- In a cup of water, mix 2 tbsp each of Bragg apple cider vinegar and pure honey.
- Stir all the ingredients well with the help of a spoon.
- Boil it in low flame for some time.
- Your tea is ready to sip.
- Drink this tea regularly up to 3- 4 times a day to get effective weight loss results.
Method 4: Green Tea with ACV and Honey
- Green tea-1 cup
- Raw apple cider vinegar- 1 tsp
- Honey- 2tsp
- Take 1 cup of hot green tea.
- Add 1 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar and 2 tsp of honey to it and stir well with the help of a spoon.
- Drink this tea 4-6 times in a day regularly to lose weight.
- The antioxidants in the green tea help to increase the metabolism rate and help in controlling the appetite, thus ultimately its consumption helps to lose weight.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Pills
Apple cider vinegar helps to burn fat instead of storing the fat in the body. Taking apple cider vinegar in a pill form benefits in controlling the weight to some extent but at the other side, these pills have some side effects.
Therefore, it is always better to consult any health expert or dietician before taking these apple cider vinegar pills for losing weight.
Most of the people don’t like the tart acidic taste of liquid vinegar and they want to get the same benefits of apple cider vinegar. So, these pills were formed considering such people as it was convenient for them to take, which would make them avail the benefits of apple cider vinegar for weight loss.
- It can damage tooth enamel and certain parts of the digestive system as it contains acetic acid.
- It can also have a negative impact on the bones of the body if taken excessively.
Further Suggestions and Precautions for Using Apple Cider Vinegar to Lose Weight
By following these suggestions and precautions, will help you to lose weight safely and effectively and also in a natural way.
- Always use Bragg apple cider vinegar as it is a pure form of apple cider vinegar. It has both internal and external benefits. It reduces the stored fat, cholesterol and removes all the toxins from the body, which in turn helps in controlling and maintaining a healthy body weight. Being rich in enzymes and potassium, it also promotes digestion and a healthy immune system.
- Use only raw, organic or unfiltered apple cider vinegar as it contains the mother of vinegar in it, which helps to lose weight effectively. Never use filtered or distilled apple cider vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar should always be taken in small quantities as large quantities will cause side effects and can result in certain health complications, such as osteoporosis and hypokalemia.
- If you are using tablets or pills of apple cider vinegar then always consult a health expert and always check the percentage of apple cider vinegar (with mother) in it and also look for certain standards.
- If your body shows any sign of allergic reactions like hives, inflammation or itching by using apple cider vinegar, then immediately discontinue it and consult a doctor.
- Always use apple cider vinegar in a diluted form as undiluted apple cider vinegar can cause various health problems.
- Apple cider vinegar should not be used if you are taking certain medicines and supplements for diabetes, blood pressure or heart diseases.
- Apart from weight loss, apple cider vinegar has found to be very effective in preventing leg cramps, cancer and arthritis. It also strengthens the heart, reduces blood pressure level and promotes good digestion. It helps to maintain healthy hair and reduces dandruff.
- Apple cider vinegar alone will not help to lose weight. So, it should always be followed by taking a healthy diet and drinking a plenty of water. Also, exercise should be done regularly.
Research has proven that those who used to take apple cider vinegar for weight loss regularly got positive results. So, don’t forget to include this healthy apple cider vinegar in your daily diet not only to lose weight but also to maintain a healthy weight.